Monday, February 14, 2011

Cameron heart Whitney

I hope you all aren't already sick of hearing about everyone else's Valentines Day out there in the blogger world...but if you are, well too bad....hear's another one.

Whitney and I decided to be proactive this year and celebrate our Valentines a day early, since we found it unfair that it fell on a Monday this year, when we're both at our busiest. That's right, not even scheduled dates can tell us what to do! You hear that calendar, you're not the boss of us!!! In fact, I'm moving Christmas to tomorrow.

We decided to eat at the Icon Grill right in the heart of Downtown Seattle for happy hour and enjoyed many foods of the fried variety, which happens to be at the top of the Cameron and Whitney food pyramid, right above chocolate and bacon cheeseburgers. Going on a Sunday at 3:30 pm, it was actually quite nice to be there in a quiet and practically empty restaurant....although we did more eating than talking since all we had eaten earlier that day were Eggo waffles.

Whitney Valentines Day 2
Cameron Valentines Day 2
Yellow Leaf
I guess Whitney and I are making it an unofficial tradition now to get cupcakes for dessert when we go out to celebrate whatever is worth celebrating, because we decided to go to Yellow Leaf Cupcake afterwards, just a couple of blocks away. If you read our post of our New Year's adventures, we tried Cupcake Royale....which was kinda bleh.....but Yellow Leaf Cupcake by far has the best cupcakes I've had. They weren't gigantic like the two we got on New Years, so we compensated for that and got four of them.

Cupcakes 2
Heart Cupcake blurred
The "Valentine Whoopi Pie" cupcake caught our eyes when we saw it in the display and knew we had to get one. It was just two pieces of red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting in the middle, but the red velvet were cut into two hearts......nothing too special, but red velvet always looks delicious when we see it.

To stay consistent with all of our celebratory occasions, our Valentines Day was fairly low key......I now realize that I made Whitney that papersculpt card from last year waaaaaay too early in our relationship, seeing as how I don't think I'll be able to top that anytime soon. Should've gone with a set of macaroni jewelry instead. Darn.

7 comments:

  1. I would go with the confetti gun...I mean, if you ever cut off your hand, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd totally get laser beams that can cut through stuff if I didn't have hands. Just sayin'.
    Happy V Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are so cute! Glad you had a great day. I have never tried red velvet! I fail as a blogger :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cupcakes look absolutely amazing, I wish we had places you could buy cupcakes like that here in England!
    That paper sculpt card is just brilliant, I've never seen a card like that. You will never top that!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh no, I found your blog and now I just want to go eat some cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the blog. You two are so cute.

    If you ever need a break and want to do an art trade or something, let me know.

    dreahatch [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have come to a similar conundrum when thinking about badass hand alternatives. My first go-to is Samus's blaster from Metroid. But then I think, 'Samus is a chick, wouldn't that kind of be like hand drag?' Megaman's blaster is the obvious solution! I can't believe I didn't think of that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...