Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Paper Blogger: Little Blog of Horrors

Ayden final 1
Another super-delayed Paper Blogger post, but better late than never!  Ayden's portrait is absolutely one of my favorites and I could not have been more pleased with how it came out.  For me, it really signified a transition to a different way of approaching these portraits, from an artistic standpoint, that I believe I struggled with a bit on my first few commissions and earlier portraits.  When I was done, it felt like it was a moment of growth in the overall look of my paper portraiture style....I don't know what it is exactly, probably a culmination of a lot subtle changes that you might not notice, but overall it just looks so much cleaner and refined than some of my earlier portraits.  What really helped though was Ayden's permission for just about complete artistic control on this commission, which took A LOT of pressure off of me, which in turn helped me to add a lot more to her order.  I included her two guinea pigs and a little cupcake with a tiny bow on it, and then flooded the background with roses which took soooooooo loooooong to do.  I've never cut out so many individual pieces on a single commission before and just to speed things up a bit, I had to enlist Whitney's help on this portrait....which, in the end, made this order even more special, since it was the first order Whitney and I have ever worked on together.

It is no exaggeration at all when I say that Ayden is one of the sweetest people we have met through our blog.  I may sound like a broken record when I talk about these other bloggers that we have met, but seriously everyone we have had the pleasure to work with or talk to have just been the coolest people in the world, and Ayden ranks at the top!  Her blog quickly became one of our favorites and I'm sure it'll become one of your's as well if it isn't already!  So we suggest that you all visit her blog right now and say hello by hitting her button under the blogroll to the left of this page or by clicking HERE.

Ayden final 3
Ayden final 4
Ayden final 5
Ayden final 6
Ayden final 2

23 comments:

  1. Ah, what a small world - I love Ayden's blog! This is an amazing portrait too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's such a wonderful person! Thank you Juliet!

      Delete
  2. I also love Ayden's blog!
    And you are tempting me more and more with each post that i must have, require....NEED a custom piece of work!
    gah!

    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All you have to do is shoot me an email if you're ever interested! Thank you Kelli!

      Delete
  3. I've never been to her blog. I will go check it out!

    This portrait is a favorite of mine from you. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Chelsey! That means a lot!

      Delete
  4. Love this! I especially love the flowers as a backdrop and all the dimension. Isn't is an awesome feeling when you start to notice your craft taking on a life of its own? I know it is for me!

    You are a real talent!
    Cheers!

    ryan @ thismustbetheplaceryan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is an awesome feeling! Especially when you're trying your hardest to make a living off of it!

      Thank you Ryan!

      Delete
  5. This is so great! :) I wish I could make stuff like this!!

    http://ahopelessotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you post such quality photos of your work so the detail can be appreciated! Never get tired of looking at your work. Ahhh I can't wait to get my packed up art stuff moved to the new place so I can start creating again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alice! Seriously, Whitney and I look forward to when you start posting some more of your beautiful artwork...hopefully that'll be soon! Good luck with the move!

      Delete
  7. Love it!You did a great job. The roses in back look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Gracie! I'm glad the roses came out looking decent because I had to cut out about 500 individual pieces to make them.....and that is not an exaggeration.......I don't think I'll be doing that again!

      Delete
  8. Whoa, this is incredible. Those roses look gorgeous! The entire thing does. I need one of these of me, some day! Seriously, everyone does. Haha. You rock! I'm off to check out your blogroll! Woo. Love finding new blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Holly!!! I agree, everyone needs one.....you haven't lived life until you've gotten your likeness recreated in cartoony paper form.

      Delete
  9. this is incredible! your talent is seriously over the top (in a good way of course)!
    thanks for the blog rec!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do appreciate your kind words about my work Melissa! Thank you!

      Delete
  10. This is amazing, you are so talented! I love paper art.

    Louisejoyb xo | Bits&Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cameron and Whitney... words can't express how much I want to thank you both! for everything! And give you a massive hug right now :) I am so so happy with my portrait, and I am also so happy to have made such wonderful friends through this creative process. Thank you for your talents, and for your kind and supportive words as friends over the past year <3 YOU GUYS ROCK! :D I'm so proud to be up there in paper form! And thank you for the button too :) May I steal it? Hugsss xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words Ayden! It really brings a huge smile to our faces to read what you think of our work, and to make a friend through it as well is a very special added bonus!

      No problem on the button! You most certainly can steal it! Let me know if you need a different size or if you want me to change anything on it! Thank you again Ayden!

      Delete
  12. I love that outfit!!
    Much love,
    Wengie
    http://www.wengie.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...